Filter

Email Content Testing – Product Update for Growth News

Daniel Lack by Daniel Lack on 7th March 2017

We are excited to announce the release of our newest feature, Email Content Testing, on our email marketing platform for estate agents, which is now available in our clients Growth News accounts.

We hope that you are familiar with our subject line tester as it operates in a similar way.

If you are, skip down to the next paragraph, if you’re not, we’ll cover it below and as it really is super simple, you really should be testing it out.

Split test subject lines

Step 1: Create your campaign in the usual way.

Step 2: After you hit the “review and send” button, you will get asked to “enter a subject line”. Below this is a button that says “switch to split test” and click on it.

This now gives you the option to create up to three different subject lines. What will happen after you send the email is that that the subject line variations will be sent to 20% of your recipients. The results get tracked over the next four hours and our intelligent system will then send the winning variation to the remaining 80% of your recipients. This is course hugely useful as it not gives you an insight into which subject line works best, but helps get your emails opened by more people.

Split test content

Measuring the effectiveness of your marketing isn’t a perfect science. It requires testing out variants and our goal is to make this easier for you to do, so you can find out what works and quickly.

First off, simply create two similar emails but make some changes like perhaps moving a featured property to the top on one, and a local article to the top on another.

Once done, when you go to create a new email mailing (using the big blue button on the right of your dashboard), we now have a dropdown which says “create a content split test”.

This will now give you an option to choose both emails and send it to percentage of your list for testing. You can then choose how long after the test has completed you wish to automatically send the winning version.

Things you can test include:

  • Calls to action
  • Image placement and type
  • Content length
  • Subject line
  • From name and address

We think that this will be super useful, as even if you only have a small list and get a 5% better result of testing, this could be the difference of doing more business.

Let us know if you have any questions and as ever, our team is here to help on this or anything else.

Have a great day!

Subscribe to our newsletter and get great ideas to grow your Estate Agency!

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

No spam and a one click unsubscribe

Subscribe to our newsletter and get great ideas to grow your Estate Agency!

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

No spam and a one click unsubscribe

Get a FREE social media performance review

If you already use social media but want to make it more awesome, book a free strategy session and get expert advice, no obligation.

Book my free review

No Thanks, My Social Media is already great